The Kathleen Ferrier Awards Competition 2024
The competition is open to singers of any nationality who, on or before 1st February 2024
- (a) have completed at least one year of a postgraduate course in music at a recognised conservatoire or music college in the United Kingdom (UK) or Republic of Ireland (ROI), or
- (b) having graduated with a first degree or equivalent at a recognised conservatoire or music college in the UK or ROI, have thereafter completed at least one year of continuous study in the UK or ROI with a recognised vocal coach.
Applicants must also have their main residence in the UK or the Republic of Ireland as at 1st February 2024. All singers must be 28 years of age or under on Friday 26th April 2024.
As well as a first prize of £12,500 and a second prize of £6,000, the Ferrier Loveday Song Prize of £5,000 and Help Musicians Accompanists Prize of £5,000 will be decided in the competition.
The jury for the 2024 competition includes Valerie Beale.
Applications for the 69th competition close at: 23:59 GMT on 1st February 2024. No application received after that time and date will be considered.
The details of the events in the competition are as follows:
- The Preliminary auditions will take place on Wednesday 6th, Thursday 7th, Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, and Sunday 10th March 2024, at Henry Wood Hall
- The Semi-final will be on Wednesday 24th April 2024, 13:00–18:00, at Wigmore Hall.
- The Final will be on Friday 26th April 2024, 18:00–21:00, at Wigmore Hall. As usual, after a dinner break—during which the jury will consider what they have heard, the prize winners will be announced back in Wigmore Hall the same evening.
The documents below provide guidance for the competition.
- Current Rules and Repertoire requirements may be downloaded from here
- The Singer Application form for 2024 may be downloaded from here
- The Singer Endorsement form for 2024 may be downloaded from here
- The Accompanist Application form for 2024 may be downloaded from here
- A specimen programme with useful advice in Microsoft Word format can be downloaded from here. The template on the second page of this document is where existing candidates should present their proposed programme by overwriting it and sending it with their application.